Jason had a pretty good day today, though he still did not get a chance to spend any appreciable time with his girls. The thought is that early next month there will be a decision made about custody and then he will know when he can have the girls, without wondering what is going on. When we have seen them at the Child Development Center (CDC) they seem to be in very happy spirits and are always very glad to see us. Jason took some pictures of them this last visit, and it made him feel pretty good.

Jason had a couple of appointments today, with one of them being plastics and the other wound care. The plastics visit was simply an in and out kind of visit. It was a quick check and then off to wound care, must have taken all of 10 minutes. Wound care was another story. We arrived on time, actually a little early, and ended up sitting in the exam room for nearly an hour. The poor wound care nurse (actually I think she is a nurse practitioner) was really backed up with patients and she was on her own. Not sure why, but anyway it took awhile to get to our turn. She remembered Jason from when we were here last year, and she was impressed with what had been done. She was also sorry to see that the wounds were still in the healing mode rather than completely healed. I showed her the new products we were using and she was familiar with them, so that was a simple hand-off of sorts. They don't have a bunch of the Hydrofera Blue right now, but that is okay because what we brought with us, and with what little they did have (I now have it) we should be okay until some is ordered.

After the appointments we just headed back to the house and took care of a few of the little tasks that we have regularly around here, like cleaning up, laundry, taking care of his new pet, etc. It was just the two of us for most of the morning as I took Linda up to a dentist, Dr. Kevin Salgado, who has offered to provide dental care at no charge. He and his wife have a practice (wife, Stephanie, is the hygienist) and they came with a very strong endorsement from a friend who lives down here. Actually it was great timing as we had not been to a dentist in over two years (no insurance coverage). When Linda did finally get back to the house she was very happy about the visit, and the work that was done. I will be going in next week or so.

Jason will have to get up early tomorrow, as will I, for a 07:30 formation. Linda and I will take him and then probably go get some breakfast. Fortunately I don't have to be with him for this activity... and in fact should not be with him as it is a pure Marine gathering. He has one appointment after that and then we will head back to the house, though we may go see the girls first. Later tomorrow, sometime after 14:00 (2:00pm) we are supposed to receive the rest of the stuff shipped from Bethesda, mainly the paramobile. It will be good to see it back in his possession again, and at least here he can use it more freely. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014