Today started early for us, as there was a 07:30 formation, and then Jason had to attend some mandatory training. The training went on until nearly noon, so by the time we finally got out of there he had already been up in his chair for several hours. We headed over to the CDC (Child Development Center) and found out that all the kids were either down, or going down for their nap, and that both Stacy and Jackie were already asleep. It was a little disappointing, as we really did want to see the girls, but it worked out okay anyway.

We headed back over to the house, and prepared some lunch. Linda cooked up some of the fresh vegetables we had received from Tom and Carol Lightner, and they were good. We ended up eating all the new potatoes and a bunch of the spinach and kale, that we made into some tasty veggie wraps. Just so that it wasn't too healthy, I threw in some bacon.

After lunch Linda took off for a trip to one or more of the thrift stores (she loves walking around in those stores and looking for "gold nuggets"), and I waited for the shipment of Jason's belongings from Bethesda to arrive. They showed up at a little after 14:30 (2:30pm) and the guys in the truck were great. They helped to carry the new bed up the stairs, and the two sections of the bed (an adjustable Temperpedic) each weighed over 120 lbs. I would have struggled to get them up, if I had to do it on my own. The bed is together and works great, and we'll be sleeping on it tonight. I still think I may have tweaked my back a little getting the old bed down, but with a good rest I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning.

Once that was all done we began to put some of the stuff away when Jason was contacted and we found out that girls were coming over. They came over, just as I was able to get the old bed out into the garage, and it was wonderful seeing them. Jackie yelled out "Papa!" and ran over to me, and gave me the biggest hug while Stacy jumped on Jason and then both of the girls ran over to Linda, saying, "Grandma!" We had a great time with them, and they will be staying with us for the weekend. This is particularly good for Linda, since she is going to be going home on Sunday, after the girls leave.

The plans for the trip up to Livermore are coming together, and it looks like we could be flying up, though a specific date has not been set yet. We hope to be able to bring the girls with us, but that still remains to be seen right now. All-in-all, today turned out to be a very good day indeed. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. A man after my own heart! Bacon! It all sounded really good! Glad the new bed is there. Bet Jason will sleep a lot better! So happy to hear that you've been spending time with your grand kids! Wish it was longer and wish Linda could stay longer, but thankful you've had this time at all!
    Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014