August 15, 2011

Jason took a slightly different direction today, and though he still went down to PT, and worked with the therapy folks, he didn't go directly back to his room. Today he went down and visited with a buddy of his, Tim, who was back at NNMC for some follow up surgery. To date, Tim had come by and visited with Jason probably 6 or 7 times, coming in either in his chair or wearing his new legs. Jason wanted to turn it around this time, since Tim can't get out of bed for a couple of days, and Jason can. They talked for about 30 minutes, and then Jason had to get back to his room, as he was starting to hit the "wall" with being away from his meds that long. It was probably the longest period Jason has been out and about, and he made it back to his bed in relatively good condition.

I think the opportunity to go visit with Tim was just the right thing to have happen for Jason, as the folks in PT talked about Jason getting out and doing something off the Naval Base, like go to lunch or something. They said they would coordinate with the doctors, to make sure Jason can be out that long, and the idea seemed like it was something Jason was definitely interested in. While in PT Jason worked more on his balance and again strengthening his core. He worked some on his arms too, so once he was back in his bed he confessed to me that he was a bit tired and his muscles felt like they had just done a good work out.

No other visitors today, other than the medical staff and support staff from the hospital. That's okay, as he did have a long outing from his room today, and that was kind of special.

Thank you, for your continued support and all your prayers. Jason and I have been here for over 5 months now and it feels like we may be coming to the end of our stay here at NNMC (National Naval Medical Center).

Comments

  1. Good Evening Jason - I had time this evening for some extra prayers for you and all of your brothers at Bethesda tonight. Sleep well!


    Katie
    Marine Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,

    It doesn't seem possible that you have been at the NNMC for 5 months. I read your blog every day. I always wonder what kind of day you've had. You have come a long way and have met some incredible people. You have such a loving family supporting you and cheering for you all the way. May you continue to grow strength from all your hard work and know that we are cheering you on as well from here. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Semper Fi.

    Eileen Bitting
    Blue Star Mom
    Danville, CA
    Marine Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason- You just keep being your amazing self. I send more hugs to you and your dad, and hope to see your mom here while she is home. Eat something fabulous for me- I am trying to be really good. Best to all your brothers- both there and in harm's way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you could go visit your friend!
    These words are some of the first Scripture ever written. What comfort these words give! Praying!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)