August 17, 2011

Today started a little different for us, as when I got to Jason's room this morning he was already eating his breakfast (french toast), and looking pretty good. We talked for a while and actually worked on some paper work that he has been wanting to get done, and that took us up to almost 9:30am. That's when it dawned on me, I was supposed to call Linda and get her up (I'm her wake-up call). Well, as it turned out, since I was 30 minutes later than usual, she was scrambling to get ready for the day, and didn't have time to talk. I did get to say, "Happy Birthday!", and then that was about the end of that conversation. Jason and I went back to finishing the paper work and that didn't take long, and then the phone rang. It was Linda!

This time we were able to talk with her for a little bit longer and Jason and I sang Happy Birthday. I think that was one of the better birthday presents she was able to get. She then talked with Jason for about the next 10 minutes, then she had to go back to her work.

Jason had to go in for an ultra sound today, that they wanted to do on his liver. We will get the full results on that plus the lab tests they are performing, in about a week. They've noticed the level of some enzymes going up and want to be sure that everything is okay. Because Jason has been on some of the medications he has been on for so long they tend to jump on things a little faster. We ended up seeing several of the doctors associated with this today, and they all wanted to take a look at Jason, and be able to see that he was doing okay.

We also saw the Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta, and that turned into a nice visit. He talked with Jason and me for several minutes, had his picture taken by their official photographer and then gave both of us one of his commemorative coins. Actually, what we talked mostly about was California, where he grew up and where we grew up (both Jason and I). Turns out we know many of the same areas pretty well. Afterward he left and then it dawned on me that I hadn't had him sign our guest registry, and as it happened, Linda was on the phone again with Jason so I took off down the hall with the registry and found him. He was happy to sign the book, and we then said good bye, again.

Originally, Jason was going to be going in to have the dressings changed tomorrow, and now it has been pushed to Friday. I'm taking this as a good sign, and that the doctors are comfortable enough with his progress that they don't need to get him back in right away. An extra day off is good for Jason, as he can now get out on his cart and chair a bit more tomorrow.

Thank you, everyone, for all your support and continued prayers.

Comments

  1. I think about Jason every day and continue to pray for his continued healing. His strength is such an inspiration and all your updates with the steps in his progress never ceases to amaze me. My thoughts and prayers continue and look forward to the day when you post that Jason is leaving the hospital. I realize he has a long journey ahead but my, what big strides he has made. Thank you for your continued updates.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)