August 21, 2011

Jason went to the PACU early today - well, actually he went twice. The first time they came to get him it was a little before 6:30am and while they were moving him he told them that he didn't think there were any people down at the PACU yet, and that it was just too early. When they got there, there wasn't anyone around, so they took Jason back up. A short while later the trip was made again, and this time there were some folks there, so Jason stayed down and the procedure/dressing change was done.

The dressing change was just that, a clean out of the wound area and new dressings applied to the wound. For the most part he was comfortable, though he is still dealing with H.O. (heterotopic ossification) and will be for a while longer. It is where the body generates a calcium buildup to help compensate for bone loss. It will continue with this until it runs its course and then the doctors can remove it. I don't believe it will have a negative impact on the overall course of his recovery, it is just something Jason is having to deal with right now.

Jason decided to not get out on his cart or in his chair today, and that was okay with me. I think he wants to go outside again, and today was not a good day for that. We had some significant thunderstorms today, and the rain came down pretty hard. That was okay, as we got a chance to talk and he relaxed by playing some video games on his laptop. I still had a few things to move from the room, to get ready for the move on Tuesday, so it all worked out.

MGnySgt Tood came by again today, with another Marine from the Wounded Warrior Battalion. They stayed for a short visit and one of the things that he told Jason, after seeing the SF Giants stuff on the wall was that he got the opportunity to sit down with a few of the SF Giants players last year, during Spring Training. I think Jason kinda liked that idea - I know I did... ;-) They stayed for a short visit and because MGnySgt Tood has been by a few times now, when he left he just said I'll see you guys later. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in another day or two.

Thank you, all, again, for the continued support and prayers. Jason is getting better and stronger everyday.


  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing day today after the PACU. Hope the weather gets nicer so you guys can get outside again. It's supposed to get hot here again this week, back into the 90s. I went for a 2.5 mile walk after dinner tonight and dedicated it to you, Jason. In fact, I'm joining a gym tomorrow so I can lose this weight and get in shape. I have a very long road to go but Jason is my inspiration and hero. I figure that while I'm walking and working out it is the perfect time to be saying my prayers for Jason. I had asked Jason to ask the Giants to step it up and they sure did, they actually won a game today! So thank you. Have a good day tomorrow. All our best, Karen & Rob Weaver, Livermore, Ca.

  2. Still praying in Seattle!
    Galatians 1:3-5 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  3. Thank you for keeping us updated on Jason's progress. Y'all remain in my prayers every day. Keep fighting the good fight, Jason! We're pulling for you! Hugs to you {{{{Jason}}}} and {{{{family}}}}


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014