September 21, 2013

Stacy woke this morning excited to celebrate her birthday; she wore one of her princess dresses and kept asking when were we going to be going to her party at the park. I went ahead early in the truck, to secure tables and set up the decorations. Linda drove Jason and the girls later (getting her name on the van lease was such a good idea) and brought the cake and balloons. It win as  a low turnout of kids to help celebrate, and I attribute that to my poor kid-party planning skills, though I am still learning more things all the time. The kids still had a good time and because we had so much food left over Jason simply "donated" the extra pizza to a gathering of a group of people who were sitting relatively close by (I think it was a group like AA, though we didn't really know who they were).

Actually, the rest of the day was relaxed, and we ALL got a chance to take a little nap. When we were all up and moving again we got to work putting things away and general clean up. Linda got busy a little while later fixing dinner for the family, and Jason (I guess I should say, "Daddy") was busy helping Stacy build her Tangled Castle. I was glad he was doing it because there are some smaller pieces that he can see better than I can and it was good father-daughter time.

Jason's leave time officially begins today, so that the next 30 days (I think) he doesn't have to worry about formation or anything other than taking care of medical issues, and even those are simply related to issues that might come up and prescription and supply refills. Right now we are in pretty good shape on all accounts and I think the next several days are going to be spent figuring out what we need to do to make sure our trip up to Livermore, coming up soon, is as close to perfect as we can get. Thank you, for all the continued prayer and support (it really seems to be helping us significantly right now). Take care and stay positive.











Comments

  1. What a party! Looks like a lot of fun!
    Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!!
    Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)