September 29, 2013

Kind of an interesting day for the two of us. We didn't have anything planned and no where to go, so Jason just stayed in his bed for the entire day, except for his shower and dressing change. Breakfast was simple, as I fixed cream of wheat, and lunch was soup and a sandwich. Also, I fixed the same for the girls, as they were now at the house with us. Jason received a text message from their mother and she asked him if we could take the girls today, because she needed to go to the ER. She came by at about 10:30 this morning and it did appear that something was bothering her, since she seemed to be favoring her left leg. I asked if we were going to be keeping the girls or was she going to be picking them up this evening. She didn't know at that moment and said she would let us know. Why her father wasn't able to watch the girls, I don't know, but it really doesn't matter, it is good to have them here with us.

Jackie is in the early stages of potty training, or I guess the new is toilet training. I am happy to see this as I have been working with her to let us know, and it seems the same is going on at their other home. I am hopeful that it won't be more than a few weeks to make it happen, though I did go down to Target to get some training pants/underwear for Jackie, and they didn't have any. I'll make another trip out tomorrow, to Babies R Us, and see if they have some. I was really surprised that Target didn't have any, and I didn't want to head out to Babies R Us because they aren't that close.

Tonight, when it was bed time, I had the girls brush their teeth, and Stacy is getting pretty good at it. Where I was surprised, and happy, was that Jackie is getting better at it as well. It seems both households are doing the same things, and progress is being made. I asked them if they wanted me to read them a story and they both said they wanted me to TELL them a story. I made up a story about the Land of Shapes, and a traveler who went to visit a new land, that had the one shape they didn't have... diamonds. Both the girls were having fun with the story, and even started to add to it, which made it a longer story, but that was okay. They were happy with what I did and gave me a big hug and kiss when I was done.

Tomorrow we'll be taking the girls to their Child Development Center (CDC) classes, and then take care of a couple of errands. There are no appointments, so we don't have to get the girls there too  early. On the other hand, we don't want to be too late, just so there is some consistency. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Hope all goes well with "the training." Going to have to start it up here with whichever boys I'm babysitting at the time. Two should be starting soon...oh joy! ;o)
    Praying in Seattle as always!
    1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018