February 14, 2014

Wow! We're back home and now Linda is with us - at least for now. She still has to get back up to the house to take care of a few things, and then perhaps we can finally say for certain, we've moved to San Diego. It was good to see Jason and I think he was happy to see us. As it turned out, the girls had just arrived at the house about 30 minutes before we did. Fortunately Joselyn was there, so that made it a bunch easier for Jason, as well as for the girls. But, again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Last night we said good bye to a bunch of folks, who have been working with us, on the house and helping us get things ready. We knew we were driving back down to San Diego in the morning, so we wanted to get at least some sleep. Fortunately, Bill and Ruth Buchanan offered to let us sleep in one of their empty beds (all the kids have gone and they're empty-nesters). We go up early and Bill fixed all of us a very nice breakfast. We had a great visit and soon we were out the door, heading south.

The drive down was just about as good as we could have asked for. There was a little traffic and slowing in Los Angeles, and that was expected. Total time to get down here, from Livermore, was almost 8 hours exactly. We would have liked to have been able to stop and visit with David and Miriam, in Los Angeles, but we didn't have much time, and they were already on their way to a weekend get-away with the kids. There will be other opportunities for Linda to see the boys.

Once we arrived we unpacked and it felt good to just stand up and walk around. My left leg was beginning to give me some trouble, as well as my lower back, so I think maybe I should consider not driving more than 8-hours in a day, as long as I am driving the Fusion... ;-) The girls were very happy to see us, especially Linda, as they love their Grandma. This was pretty much the day, except for some playing with the girls and doing Jason's dressing change, the next thing was just doing the blog and going to bed. Tomorrow will be an exciting day, with the Lt. Dan Band playing at the hospital at Balboa, and Jason has already been invited to come early so that have some time to visit. We're looking forward to an exciting time and then maybe an afternoon to relax a little. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad the trip went well. Hope you had an amazing time today!
    Know that you're in my prayers.
    Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)