February 23, 2014

Nice day today, with an easy start. I was able to get in a little exercise and then came back to the house to help Linda with the girls, and breakfast. Only Stacy and I, along with Gracie, went to see Jason this morning, and one of the first things I did was to check on the dressing change that was to have been done. The doctor had made the change and looks like he did a pretty good job. The big thing with this is that I won't worry about it too much, from here on out. Jason was in pretty good spirits, even though there was a nurse there attempting to put in a new I.V. line. He can only have an I.V. line for a couple of days, and then it has to be changed. Since he didn't get a pick line (a longer term solution for this) this is what will have to be done until he is back to the house. It as determined that attempting a pick line would be difficult since there is too much scar tissue in his existing veins.

Stacy and I stayed for a little over a half hour and then headed back to the house. Our intention was to come back in the late afternoon or early evening, and bring more of the family this time. As it turned out, Jackie did come with us the second visit, and Linda stayed back. She isn't feeling well, and didn't want to subject Jason to needless germs and stuff. Linda is beginning to feel better, so we're hoping it is more of a 24 bug or something like that. Anyway, When we saw Jason the second time (later in the day) he was noticeably better and, (using his words) he thinks that his system has regained a balance that had been disrupted by the surgery. He went for more than 12 hours without some of his medication, and he isn't supposed to miss any of it. Two things out of this... 1) we know we don't want to miss any of his meds again, especially for that long of a period; and, 2) he can tolerate missing some of his meds, though it does get quite uncomfortable.

Stacy and Jackie were having a good time at this later visit, and the three of them had a good conversation, better than I'd seen in several days. Gracie kept coming over to make sure Jason was there and I think that made Jason feel almost as good as seeing the girls. Jason was eating his dinner, and we stayed for the duration of that, so that we left at about an hour later, and came back to the house. Actually we left the hospital and went to the grocery store to pick up some Milk.

Tomorrow is an attempt at getting a little closer to a regular Monday schedule, though school lets out early tomorrow for some reason (teacher work day, or something like that). We should have a much better feel for when Jason will be coming home, once we see the doctors tomorrow. My guess is that he will be back here on Thursday, at the latest. Thank you all, for all the continued prayers, and support. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Glad he's doing so well!
    The Lord knows what the future holds. He's already there working! Praying!
    Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

  2. Trust the Lord for all things! Praying!
    Psalms 20:5-7 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions. Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014