February 21, 2014

Today was different, as we got up, Linda and I, and the house was quiet. I went down and Gracie was doing okay, though she wanted to get out side. Linda and I got ready and were soon on our way over to the hospital. Shortly after getting there I went to pick up David and Dylan, at the train station. They rode the train down from Los Angeles, and it was an exciting time for Dylan. He was excited to ride the train; excited to be going to see Grandma and Grandpa; excited to be seeing his Uncle Jason; and, especially excited to see his cousins, Stacy and Jackie. Of course seeing Stacy and Jackie was going to have to wait until we picked them up a little later this afternoon.

Jason is now required to stay on his left side, almost 100% of the time, with only a few moments, throughout the day, where he can lay on his back. It was also decided that a wound vacuum was going to be used, instead of the cream and bandages. We are all still very hopeful that everything is going to be working out, and that besides having to deal with this new situation, everything will be good.

We stayed for lunch, and in fact Linda and I took David and Dylan down to the galley to have lunch (that's what the Navy calls their cafeteria). Dylan thought it was really cool, and we like the prices. I had a nice salad and fish on a bed of rice, with broccoli. Gracie is being a real trooper through all this, and so far has not complained at all. I think she would rather have Jason back, and be at home, but she is learning to adapt.

At about the same time we were to pick up the girls the doctors came in to put the wound vacs on, so I stayed while everyone else went back to the house. I stayed so that I would know exactly what was going on and what to expect, over the next several days (couple of weeks?). It was also a good time to talk with Dr. Salt, the plastics surgeon, and find out what his thoughts were on how things were developing. He was pretty happy with what he was seeing so far, though he did admit he was hoping that he wouldn't have to go with the wound vacs. They are kind of uncomfortable for Jason, and extra work for the staff. The strong positive is that they help to prevent infection, and that is a major concern anytime Jason does something. My guess is that Jason will progress over these next couple of days (the weekend) and that there is a strong chance that on Wednesday he will be headed home. A couple of things need to be in place, and steps are already underway to make that happen. Once everything was done, and David was back at the hospital, I was able to head back to the house. The evening dinner was pizza, and the kids all loved it. David and Dylan had to head back to Los Angeles at 18:20 (6:20pm), and that was pretty much the evening. Linda and I were both feeling kind of tired, so we just relaxed with the girls, watching Wreck It Ralph. This got it to bed time, and we then read them a story, and they were off to slumber land. Next was for Linda and I to just relax a little, and then we were off to our own slumber land. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. I had to lay on my left side a lot when I was pg and it can really get to you after a while. Hope it doesn't last long for Jason and that he's home soon!
    Praying so for his recovery!!!!!!!!!!!
    Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014