February 22, 2014

This morning was a little different, in that we got up and I went to the gym. Actually, I didn't get much of a workout, and only spent some time on a treadmill. Still it felt good to do something a little different and to burn a bunch of calories (600 isn't a lot, but it still felt good). When I came back we all got ready to head over to see Jason, though breakfast was first.

We got over to the hospital, and Jason was being looked at by the doctor and one of the nurses. They were looking at his wounds and apparently Jason had told them that they needed to us the Hydrophera Blue pads, that we have been using for the past year and a half, and the doctor wasn't familiar with them. Actually, Jason had called me and asked me to bring some, so I did. The timing of our arrival was just about spot on, so it all worked out. I explained to the doctor, and the nurse, how the pads worked and how to trim them to the size needed, and everything worked out. I helped a bit, with the placement, and soon, Jason was back the way he wanted to be, and could once again receive visitors... Stacy and Jackie wanted to see their daddy (as did Linda want to see her son).

Funny thing, though, was that Bob Hamer happened to come by while all this was going on, and he stayed until it was over, so that he could also visit with Jason. It was very nice to see Bob and visit and catch up. He left us a copy of the latest of Oliver North's books, HomeFront, and I've already begun reading it. Bob was a collaborator on this one, so his name is on the cover as well. So far, from what I've read, I'd have to say that I think you should consider getting a copy, as it helps to bring to awareness, just what some of these guys are going through, as well as their families.

Tim Kirk also came by, though later in the day, and he stayed for a good while also. Actually, Linda and I left, with the girls to go back home, and Tim remained to visit a little longer. I was happy to see this, as I think Jason enjoys getting visitors. He is progressing as well as could be expected, and with each day we will be seeing more progress. We don't have a date for when he will be back home, though I am guessing it will be probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you, for all the continued prayers, and please continue to pray for him. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018