February 27, 2014

Turned into a great day, despite the rain... well, on the other hand maybe the rain just made it that much better (we need more rain). Linda and I woke up in the house with no one else there, except for Gracie the dog. It kind of felt strange, though I had thought about it before going to bed the previous evening. We were able to sleep in until nearly 08:00, though we didn't get to bed until way after midnight.

I fixed a quick breakfast and then headed off to go see Jason. Linda stayed back to work on the house, to make sure everything, or as much as possible, was ready for Jason's arrival. When I got to Jason's room he was resting and waiting to hear what was going on. We had been told the night before, that we were to be leaving today so we expected to be leaving. After talking with the doctors and nurses, and going over a few medical exercises Jason and I were finally told that, yes, in fact Jason would be leaving the hospital. Of course the time still wasn't solidly set, but it would be around 14:00 (2pm), and it was now just after noon.

A few of the folks in the hospital came by, for a nice visit, and there were also a few "classes" where I was being instructed on what I would be doing, over these next six weeks. I am now giving Jason his lovenox shots, as well as his testosterone shot. I still have a small wound dressing to take care of, and now the wound vacuums to monitor. He needs to remain on his left side as much as possible, and can be on his back for up to 45 minutes a day, broken into 15 minute segments. These are actually relatively minor, considering the benefits of what has happened, for Jason. Jason will also be going back into the hospital, on a weekly basis, with his first return to happen on Monday.

Jason's transportation is going to be an ambulance, and they are already scheduled to come pick him up on next Monday. He will be going back into the hospital at least once a week, and maybe more, as the days go on. How often he goes in is dependent on the progress of his healing. Tomorrow should be a very nice and productive day, and the beginning of a new cycle for Jason. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Love you all and seeing progress... This is one long road, isn't it? Good thing Jason is the amazing man he is, with the right supportive and wonderful family. Loved seeing you on the news tonight with Gary Sinise's Hollywood visit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all went well and Jason was able to leave on time...although it is a hospital...and they rarely let you go when they say. But he should be home by now so it's all good!
    Always praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018