February 24, 2014

We had to get moving kind of early today, not because of Jason's schedule, but because Stacy needed to get over to the school, so she could be "tested" for going into Kindergarten. All of those who work with her say she is ready, and the testing is just a formality. None-the-less, Stacy was a little excited and nervous about going and asked Grandma (Linda) to go with her. Fortunately, the other teachers jumped in quickly on this one and let Stacy know that she would have to go in for the testing on her own. No results from the testing when we picked her up today, and like everyone else, I'm really not too concerned about how she did, as I am confident she scored well.

We also took Jackie to her pre-school and then went over to see Jason. He was doing much better and you can really tell that the meds he is working with are getting him to a nice balance, again, and he is able to relax a bit. The biggest challenge is that his position keeps him on his left side for most of the day (like about 95% or a little more). Jason was able to get in touch with his new Realtor, out in North Carolina, about getting rid of his house out there. Apparently the previous one was taking his money and only doing a halfhearted effort of getting repairs in place, and the house really needs to get a few things done. Because it is being done at a long distance, there is difficulty in really knowing what is going on, since he hasn't been there is a few years. Many of the people he knew back there are now gone, so it isn't like the same situation as Linda and I have back in Livermore. I am so glad to have friends who are willing to go way out of their way to help, Linda and I would probably go nuts trying to get things done otherwise.

We went in this evening, to visit with Jason and he was still doing okay, though he was having a bit of a pain issue. He called for more pain meds, and for whatever reason the nurses were slow to respond. I went out and talked to the them and it looked like they were acting on the request. I say it that way because Linda and I were leaving with the girls when I went out, and needed to get them back home. We were not able to stay around to find out how well it worked. Then, on the other hand, Jason didn't call to tell me that they were still not getting the pain meds to him. Tomorrow should be a better day, and I hope we are able to get more done, overall. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Sounds like he's progressing well. Hope he can go home on Thursday!
    Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014