June 11, 2014

Another day behind us, and another day closer to retirement. Jason is looking at 9 more days until Jason's last day as an active Marine, and then three days later he will have his retirement ceremony. Funny thing though, he will then be on what they call terminal leave, and still considered active duty until the end of August. Actually, there are still a couple of other things that could happen that would extend him even longer, but we aren't going to worry about those right now.

Stacy had her "moving on" ceremony today, at the Catholic School,  where she is moving up from the pre-school to Kindergarten. It was a fun little ceremony; Jason, Linda and I were there to watch all the fun. Stacy and her class, sang some patriotic songs and they really did a great job of it. I did take some pictures and will do my best to get some of them on to the blog, over the next couple of days. I know I haven't been as good lately, as I have in the past with posting pictures, so I will work on getting better.

Otherwise, today, or more accurately, this evening - has been relaxed and enjoyable. Jason offered to take us out to the Olive Garden, and we had a great time. The conversation was lively and the three of us had a great chance to relax, seems a little more than usual, and it was nice. Tomorrow I plan on getting up a little early and taking off for a bike ride. Jason has no appointments so it should be a nice ride with no time pressures to worry about. Later in the morning Linda's parents and brother are going to be coming over for a visit. I think I will be back from the ride, but even if I'm not, I should be shortly after they arrive. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Have a feeling that retirement is going to be bittersweet for your family. You're about to take a whole new path in life.
    Know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 86:5-7 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!
    Psalms 86:15-16 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018