June 22, 2014

These past two days have been very busy for us, and yet I really don't have much to blog about. Jason is doing well, and we're working to get those last two areas healed up, and he is managing to keep a strong and positive out look on life. Sometimes his strength is what keeps me going. He never complains about the amount of time he ends up spending in bed, when I know he would rather be out and about, and his attitude is always so positive. I guess that is the real reason we're able to get through all this... he keeps the rest of us on a positive flow and focused in the right direction.

Last night Steve and Yolanda Camerena, Jason's Nino and Nina (God Parents) arrived from the S.F. Bay Area, and they are staying for Jason's retirement ceremony. The very good part of that is that Steve is also a retired military guy, from the Air Force, so he can get on base with no problems. We went to dinner with them last night and didn't get home until almost 23:00 (11pm), so we went to bed relatively early. Then this morning we ended up getting up early and I got started on putting together a breakfast. I fixed pancakes and eggs this morning and Steve and Yolanda came over for breakfast. Stacy and Jackie came early this morning and had already had breakfast, so I didn't need to fix any additional pancakes or eggs, but that didn't matter, they still ate some of the food while they played.

After breakfast we packed everybody up (except Jason) and headed over to the Presbyterian Church of Point Loma and we all got a chance to relax. I hadn't been to church in a couple of weeks, so it felt good to get back and see some of the folks there. They also made me feel comfortable and welcome, asking about Jason and letting us know we were welcome. Linda has been going with the girls on a more regular basis, and the girls are quite happy being there.

This evening Linda's parents arrived, as did David, Miriam and the boys, Dylan and Ethan (our other Grandchildren). I had made a spaghetti dinner and it was kind of a dry run of tomorrow's activities. Dinner was good, and we all enjoyed each other's company. Tomorrow we are expecting several of the folks to come back over to the house for some refreshments and a nice brunch like meal. Not sure how many will be coming, but I would not be surprised to see over 30. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Congratulations to you all! To Jason on his retirement and to you, Linda, and your entire family for the solid rock of support you've all been for Jason and for each other. Time for the next chapter to be written:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to lift up prayer!
    Psalms 130:1-2, 5-7 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications (5-7) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)