June 3, 2014

I really don't know where to start with today's blog, as we learned something new today, so I'll just start... Jason has a little over two (2) weeks left in the Marines (sort of). First though, the day began pretty much like many of the others, with the girls being full of energy and getting prepared for the day. They picked out their own clothes this morning, and they both did a pretty good job of it. Jason had one appointment when we got up this morning, but it was cancelled before he had gotten dressed, so that actually allowed us to relax a bit, and when I walked Stacy to her class, Jackie walked along with us. Jackie and I walked back to the house and then Jason and I took her to the hospital on Balboa, where she had an audiology appointment. It was actually a hearing test, and it came back that she was fine, and that the infection she had back in April didn't do anything to her hearing.

Jason had to get over to building 26, and that is where things got a little different, as referenced above. He found out just exactly how much leave time he had left, and based on the current end date of his Marine career, he was informed that June 20 would be his last day of active duty, and that he would be on terminal leave after that. That means he only has 17 days to go, or just over two weeks. When he told me I was surprised, to say the least. I had hoped that we would have at least a minimum of a month to put together a small/simple retirement ceremony, but now it looks like it is going to be simpler/smaller than we wanted. We will still plan to have a little bit of a celebration, though Jason really isn't in to that kind of celebrating. To him, it is just another day, and signifies the end of the career, and the beginning of a new one.

As the time moves on, I will be "counting down" the days, so I guess I'll be updating the blog on a daily basis, at least Monday through Friday. I don't think I'll be updating the weekend activities, unless something significant comes along. Otherwise, we had a pretty relaxed day today, and Linda made tacos and other Mexican style food for dinner. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. If you can't get it planned quickly enough you could have it a week or two later. Doesn't have to be the exact day.
    Praying!
    Philippians 3:9-11 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018