June 9, 2014

Today was one of the busiest days we've had in a while. We did get a few things done, and that was good, though it would have been better if we hadn't had to deal with all the delays and communication drops. Jason and I headed over to the base, with the regular schedule being his formation. After that I ran over to the VA to get some lab work started (to give some credit, where credit is due... I was in and out of the VA in about 10 minutes and didn't have to sit around much at all), and then headed by to the Naval Hospital, Balboa. I went over to building 26 parking area and just waited for Jason, since he was in a class. He showed up a little while later and we headed on back to the house. That was the end of the smooth running day.

It was getting close to 12:30 so Jason and I got back in the van and headed back to the Hospital. This time it was to meet with general surgery to discuss some of the future surgeries that might be coming up. Trouble is that when we got there they were expecting him to be wanting to do some pre-op work and then simply get stuff ready for a specific surgery. Jason handled it much more calmly than I think I would have, and he treated the Nurse Practitioner very professionally. It was the right thing to do, as you could tell she was very embarrassed by the goof up, and the both of them still tried to make the best of it. We are going to be headed up to Camp Pendleton tomorrow to meet with the doctor, so we can finally get some answers that are needed, to make the right decisions, for Jason's next move or two. We ended up staying longer than we thought we were going to be staying, and as a result decided to just go pick up the girls from their preschools.

Jason and I got back to the house at about 15:00 (3pm) and Linda was wondering what was going on, as she and I were going to be heading out to run a couple of other errands. Now the timing was off by about an hour, and that basically messes up the rest of the day. We did, however manage to get one thing done, and it too took longer than originally planned. Maybe it was a good thing the other delays and goofs happened along the way, otherwise we wouldn't have any appreciation for what we did get done... ;-)

Anyway, tomorrow is an early trip up to Camp Pendleton, and then we need to find the new hospital medical center that was recently built. Once there we find the doctor and we'll sit down and go over the issues that Jason wants addressed. Because of what happened today, I am hoping that tomorrow turns out to be much more productive, and I think it will. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Hope you got the answers you needed today and can make better decisions because of it.
    Continuing to pray!
    Psalms 86:1-4 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014