April 15, 2015

Happy Tax Day! Then, again, I guess every day is tax day.

Today was a good day, in that we got the girls off to school on time and then Jason and I headed off to the hospital for his appointment. Linda had her own appointment to get to, so she was not able to go with us. We met with the doctors for internal medicine and general surgery and they examined Jason, three different times. First it was the Lieutenant and she came in and did the basic exam and I guess she wanted to have a more senior guy come in, so the Lieutenant Commander (also a doctor) came in and took a look at Jason, while asking questions. He felt compelled to bring in his boss and the Navy Captain came in and he was definitely the guy in charge. He also asked some of the same questions, again, and had a good look at Jason and the issue, and this time there was no mention of any kind of alternate option. He just said this needs to be corrected and surgery is the only way to do that. We now have a date for surgery, May 19, 2015 and Jason will be staying in the hospital for a few days (we really don't know how many right now, but probably 3 or 4).

I know Jason will be glad to get this out of the way, as it is an inconvenience and he'd like to get on with his life again. Otherwise he is doing well and his overall attitude is as positive as ever. I think a big factor behind that is the amount of time he gets to spend with his daughters and also the fact that the house is moving along very well. We are all looking forward to moving in, while also recognizing that there are a bunch of things we need to get done before then .

The rest of the day was relaxed and not much else went on. I took care of some business and Linda took care of us. I think I had the easier job.. ;-). There was a nice visit from Tom Lightener and Fred Thomson, two of the most dedicated guys we've met. They have been running a wood turning program for a few years now and the benefit to the Wounded Warriors is wonderful They have helped Jason a number of times and continue to stop by just to say hello, every now and again. Tom even thought to drop off a couple of wood tops, for the girls, and they'll love them. We are getting ready for another trip up to Livermore, as there are a couple of birthday parties we have been invited to, so we will be leaving Friday morning, and more on that tomorrow. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. These words are so very comforting! He's speaking directly to you! Praying!
    John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)