April 23, 2015

I'll start this post off with a minor disclaimer - I don't have my regular editor (Linda) looking at my post tonight. She is off with a friend, Karen Ryan, and will be gone for a couple of days - sort of a girl's weekend out.

We did get up this morning and I took off for a quick bike ride, I got a total of 14 miles in and managed to get it done in an hour, even with all the traffic stops, so I was pretty happy about that. I was also quite exhausted and out of breath.  I just don't have that same level of stamina as I used to, when I was in my 20's (or 30's, or 40's...). I got home with enough time to cool down a little; take a quick shower; get dressed, and then go pick up Karen at the airport. Actually, the timing was pretty close to perfect, as she had just gotten out to the curb as we drove up.

We drove up to the construction site of Jason's new house and the progress is coming along very nicely. The sheet rocking is just about completed, and they will be moving on to the next thing, which I think is texturing the walls and maybe working on the roof. The real good thing is that with the end of the work on the walls, Jason can safely come and visit again. After the house visit we decided to head over to Teckillas, a local restaurant and had lunch. Jason was out taking care of some personal issues and making a few purchases.

Tomorrow we (Jason and I) will be heading north to pick up a new service dog for him. Gracie is still doing well, but an opportunity presented it self to Jason and he wanted to take advantage of it. By the time the new dog (to be named Kojak) is ready to begin working, Gracie will be getting closer to her own retirement, so it is a good transition. At least that's the theory. We will be flying up to Yolo County, up by Sacramento, and flying back home in a matter of just a few hours. It will be a new experience for us, and I am hopeful that all will go well.

Not much else to go over right now, just that Jason is doing well and we have the medical supplies all in place now (everything came today). Now the big thing is to see if they can remain consistent so that we don't have to cause any more problems. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018