April 3, 2015

Today was a much more relaxed kind of day, though still plenty busy. We didn't have to get up to take the girls to school, so instead they came up to get us out of bed. They were up to our room at just before 07:00, and it was Jackie first, this time (Stacy came up a couple of minutes later). It was fun and we did manage to lay around for a short while then I announced I was going down to make some pancakes and eggs for breakfast. This announcement was well received and in just a few seconds the girls were following me down. Of course this left Linda up in bed and she decided to take advantage of the opportunity and got a little more sleep (I don't think she got more than an hour - but still it was nice for her).

Shortly after breakfast, which, by-the-way, was quite good, I took care of some things and then the girls and I were off to the park, to ride their bikes. Well, first we went to the school, where they could ride in the parking lot - always nice when no one else is around - and then over to the park. They were having a great time when this other woman showed up, along with her daycare, all around Jackie's age. This made Stacy the oldest, but that was okay with her. They all played very well and we ended up staying there for about an hour. I think they would have stayed longer but we'd been out for close to two hours at this time and I wanted to get them back to the house for lunch and besides I was getting  a little hungry, too.

Lunch was simple, just soup and sandwich, and then the girls went down for a nap. Joselyn had arrived a short while after they went down for a nap and she and Linda got to talking about flowers (Linda likes fresh flowers in the house). With this they asked if I'd mind if they went to get some flowers at a local wholesale distributor and I said to go ahead and go. Of course now this gave me an opportunity to just kick back and relax, and like any good male - I fell asleep on the couch. They were only gone for an hour and brought back some very nice flowers, so we all got what we wanted. :-)

The evening was right in-line with the rest of the day and we had a good evening. I fixed some chicken and rice and Linda fixed the vegetables. It was a nice balanced meal and the girls always enjoy the chicken. Linda gave the girls their bath while I helped Jason with his and shortly, the girls were in bed and we were finishing the clean up in the kitchen. Tomorrow, Linda's parents, Joe and Jess, will be coming for a nice visit and staying through Easter. Speaking of Easter, I almost forgot - The girls colored some eggs today with Grandma, and had a great time. My involvement was boiling the eggs and making the coloring solutions for the eggs. They enjoyed it, but wanted to do more eggs, so we said next year I would boil more (they only got 10 today - the rest will be plastic). Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)