April 8, 2015

Today was a good day.

We took the girls over to their mother's home and dropped them off. They both gave us big hugs and then we were on our way back to our house. Jason had an appointment this morning, though it wasn't for a couple of hours, and I had some things to do, like communications with the builder of Jason's new house, as well as with some other folks. Jason and I are planning a trip up to Northern California to pick up his new puppy. This puppy is going to begin training to become the next service dog, and Jason wants to be there to pick up the dog. There is a big challenge though, and that is that Jason has a difficult time with traveling long distance. I think we have that issue behind us now, and once we have confirmation that it is resolved I will put more about it, here in the blog.

We got to the hospital at Balboa, where Jason needed to go into Wound Care, and the good news is that the wounds are looking better again, and I am feeling much better as a result (I think Jason is feeling better, too). I also managed to get a hair cut, while we were there, and a beard trim - both were getting a little wild and I was tired of it. Linda was happier with the results also, and that's really the most important thing. Now, it also has to be understood that only I got a hair cut, and not Jason. He is still working on growing his hair longer, and I do believe he wants to get the hair long enough to put it into a ponytail.

We did have some good news, and that is that Gary Sinise is back on television, working with the Criminal Minds folks. The episode that was on tonight, at 21:00 (9 pm) had both Gary Sinise and Joe Montegna, two actors we are happy to identify as friends, and we know that they are good friends of each other. The show was excellent and I look forward to seeing more with the two of them.

Tomorrow we will be going up to Camp Pendelton to attend a funeral for a friend of Jason, Artim Lazukin, a fellow Marine, who took his own life. He is one of those statistics that I hope our government is going to do something about. Every day 22 wounded service members kill themselves. Not all these wounds are visible, and are frequently related to PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). In this case, though, he was a double amputee, as well as TBI (traumatic brain injury). We, as a country and society, ask these people to go fight for us, but then don't do enough to help them when they come home afterward. We need to do more, much more. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive

Comments

  1. Keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying!
    2 Samuel 22:2-3, 7 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. (7) In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018