April 30, 2015

Well, we've all made it to the end of the 4th month of this "new" year, and the time continues to just move on by. I really assumed that Jason's wounds would have been just about all healed up by now, and am sorry to report that they are in fact, not making much progress at all, right now. In fact they have gone a little on the reverse direction. Still, they are much better than they were a year ago, and Jason is still in very strong spirits. I believe the biggest issue is the seating challenges he is dealing with, and I am hopeful that the different teams that are looking at the problem will be able to come up with some solution. Now on with the days activities.

We got the girls up this morning and though it was a little on the unusual side, to have them here on a Thursday, it all felt very much like it was a Tuesday or Wednesday (maybe even a Monday). They both got up, a little slowly and we were out the door with the time needed to get to school on time. The funny part is that no matter how "tired" they claim to be in the morning, when we are going to school, they both take off and kind of race each other, to see who can get to the entrance first. Typically Stacy wins, though I think Jackie is starting to pick up a little speed. All the while, Grandma and Grandpa are bringing up the rear, by a few steps.

Linda and I had a few errands to take care of this morning, and then wanted to be sure to be here, at the house, by the afternoon. Robert, Joselyn's husband, was coming over to take a look at the door of the Fusion. The handle broke yesterday, and I was unable to open it from inside, from the drivers seat - but more on that in a minute. Jason also had a couple of errands to take care of, all related to Kojak.
Kojak is still with the vet, and it looks like he will be there until Monday, at the least. The little guy is really sick, and it is taking a little longer to get him  over it than first thought. Jason wanted to go spend some time with him, and give as much support as he could. The good part is that Kojak responded to Jason very well, and when Jason came in he was noticeably happy that Jason was there. Jason also had to go out and purchase new bedding for the pup, as the doctor said the virus could still be in the old stuff, so that was another errand he had to take care of. Tomorrow, Linda is going to be cleaning the carpet and hopefully getting everything cleaned up for Kojak's return.

Now the car, on the other hand was another issue to be dealt with. Robert was able to come over and take a look at the car, and within just a few minutes, maybe 10, he had the door apart, and the unit removed. He figured out what was wrong and got a replacement part, via a phone call. Robert had one other job to go take care of, and said he would be back shortly, and he was. This time I don't think he took more than five minutes to put the new part in, and the door back together. I have to say that he is probably the most knowledgeable guy I know, when it comes to autos. I was talking with Joselyn a bit later and she told me that dealerships will sometimes call him, when they run into a particularly difficult problem, and he never fails to figure it out. I guess that is one of the reasons his own auto shop is so successful. We are so grateful that we have gotten to know them, as they have become truly good friends. Oh, and just to be sure it is understood, the door is working just like new.

The rest of the day was much more relaxed and we really didn't do much, other than a quick run to Target and Jason's shower. Tomorrow we will be going to Pala Casino/Hotel, to see Gabriel Iglesias ('Fluffy') on stage. This is actually for Jason's birthday, which is at the end of the month, but the show is tomorrow. We were able to get tickets to the show through the Gary Sinise Foundation, and Jason is very happy about going. Fluffy is one of Jason's favorite comedians, and has commented a couple of times that he would really like to see him, live. I saw that he was coming to the area (Pala) and spoke with the Gary Sinise Foundation about it. The Foundation always seems to want to do all they can to help Jason, and I am very pleased with the out come. One other thing, because we will be spending a night at the Pala Resort-Hotel, I won't be posting tomorrow. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014