April 25, 2015

Got up this morning with the full intention of going out for a bike ride, and maybe getting in 25 miles or so. Didn't happen though, I got busy doing some things around the house and before I knew it, it was nearly 10:00, and that didn't give me enough time to do anything but a very short ride, and then I decided to just head over to Trader Joe's, to pick up a few things. Jason and I were expecting some guests at about 13:00 (1pm) and I realized that I had no munchies or drinks - other than water and milk. Linda was still out with Karen, and though Karen was leaving today I didn't know what time she was going to be getting back home.

After getting back from Trader Joe's we were ready and there was still plenty of time, so I kicked back and started watching some T.V., Modern Marvels was on, and they were showing the top 100 things that impacted the development of humans on Earth. Some of them were very interesting, like the Rosetta Stone, and Tesla's earthquake machine. I think though, that they were correct in selecting the number one item, and that was the Bible (Gutenberg's Press was also in the list, mostly because of the printing of the Bible). It was a fun and interesting program and I learned a bit more, so I was very happy with it, and at about the time they were coming to the number one item, it was now 13:00 (1pm), and I noticed that Linda had just parked the car. I went to open the door and see if she needed any help and she said, "Hello, and look who I found." It was the folks from Cal Poly.

Professor Lily Laiho and three students, James, Matthew and Jim (I think I got their names right), all from the Quality of Life program, where they work to improve the life of one or more people with their engineering creations. In Jason's case, it is to come up with a better seating solution than what he currently has. I was very pleased to see Linda, as she frequently sees aspects of things different and more clearly than I do, and always helpful in these discussions. The best part of this discussion, though, is that Jason did more of the talking than ever, and I was pleased to see him do this. The team asked a number of questions and took a number of measurements and a bunch of pictures. They stayed for about 90 minutes and then headed on back. They said that they will be coming back down from time to time, as well as communicating via phone, email and Skype. However, if there was a desire for us to get up to Cal Poly, they would be happy to show us around and we just might take them up on that offer.

The rest of the evening was relaxed and Jason worked a little with Kojak, his new dog, and we all had dinner by the dinning room table. We had a great family type discussion and I really felt almost like it was back like it would have been, had it not been for that I.E.D. Kojak is still a little nervous around us and likes to hide a bit, but then it has only been 1-day. I'm sure over the next couple of weeks he will be getting more warmed up to us. Gracie is doing her best to make him feel welcome, so with all of us working together it will be just a matter of time.

One last thing - a number of you have contacted me and said that you were unable to make comments. I believe you should be able to now, if you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact me and I will do my best to figure out why. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that I'm here praying!!
    Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)