April 21, 2015

This has been a nice day to transition back in to our regular routine of living down here in San Diego. We got up this morning and went down stairs to get the girls up and ready for school. The big surprise was that both Stacy and Jackie got up and were moving with little encouragement from Linda. We both expected that they were going to want to stay in bed and rest, since the last few days have been pretty busy. I went to the kitchen, while Linda was with the girls, and I got their breakfasts ready as well as their lunches. At about 15 minutes before the school bell we were out the door and on our way. The girls were both feeling great and literally ran to school. Linda and I had to walk much faster than we usually do, and needless to say, we got their a little early. Fortunately there were no teacher meetings this morning (or at least none we know of) and getting there a little on the early side worked out just fine.

Linda had a few errands she wanted to take care of and I wanted to get a bike ride in. Jason had told us that he had no appointments, so everything was going rather smoothly. As it turned out, Jason did have a couple of things he wanted to get done, so he took off for the bank while I was out on my bike. I got home, after a 19 mile ride, and as I approached the house Linda was taking off to head to the store and told me that Jason wanted to go to Balboa. I wanted to go to Balboa too, so Jason was now waiting on me. I wanted to get there to pick up some supplies (for whatever reason there has been a bit of a problem with getting Jason's medical supplies shipped to us, and we were very low on one particular item.). Jason wanted to pick up a prescription (actually several) while I went to pick up the item from Wound Care. While there we stopped in at PT and said, "hello" to a few of the folks, and then ended up over at Dr. Sheu's area and visited with him for a few minutes. During that conversation he assured us that after he found out there was a problem with the supplier and the insurance company; he got on the phone and spoke with somebody and now he feels that the issues have been taken care of. Dr. Sheu definitely has a way with dealing with the insurance people. We are supposed to get back with him, if we don't get the supplies in a matter of a couple of days. Once that was done we just headed on back to the house.

Today is Taco Tuesday, and the girls were happy about that. They really do seem to like their tacos. I like them too, though I wouldn't mind something different on Tuesday every now and then. After dinner it was bath time and while Linda was up with the girls getting their bath, I was down with Jason getting things ready for his shower. His wounds are improving again, and I was happy to see that, now we just need to continue in that direction. Finally it was time for bed and it is in effect, the end of the day. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. True strength comes only from the Lord! Praying!
    2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

  2. Praying right now!
    Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014