September 12, 2011

Jason had a very interesting day, and visit to the PACU. When he left this morning I was told I would be called when he came back, and as I was walking out the door to head back over to the hospital, they called. Strange how things work that way some times. When I got to the room, Dr. Malone was there talking with him, and she said that there was a little bit of a set back, with the infection, and that as a result Jason was going to be going in for dressing changes for the next few days, until they got the bacteria all cleaned up. It isn't a big thing, just another delay in Jason getting out of Bethesda, and maybe getting back to California. We just need to take one day at a time, like we have been doing, and keep that positive attitude. Otherwise the procedure this morning went well, and they put the bandages back on, and I think that made Jason more comfortable - I know it made me more comfortable.

Jason was able to get out on the chair today, and we went back down to the MATC, only this time he actually worked with a couple of the machines to get some exercise. We were down there for nearly 90 minutes, and he was okay with that. We even took the long way back to his room, and went through Main Street, where I was able to pick up a couple of the letters sent to him - and one that was actually sent to me (yeah, I get mail sometimes too). When we got back to his room I asked him if he would be willing to try something different, in getting back in his bed and he was open to it. Instead of needing two or three other people, it was just Jason and I, and we were able to do it rather smoothly. I think it surprised both of us about the same, how well it went. There was another Marine at the gym that was showing Jason some of the moves he will be needing to "learn", and it was particularly good because his injuries were almost as significant as Jason's.

After getting back to the room Jason commented that he thought his arms were going to be tired tomorrow, because of the exercises he was doing today. I know it tired him out today, and a short while after getting back in bed he was asleep. I just let him sleep for awhile, while I read, and then one of the nurses came in because it was time for some of his medications. Since he was now awake I suggested that he order his dinner from the galley and then Melisa, from Wounded Warrior Project came in to take our orders for ice cream sundaes. This worked out good, because the ice cream came right after the food showed up. So of course, we ate the sundaes first - priorities...

Jason will be headed back down to the PACU tomorrow, and I suspect it will be another day much like today was. There will be some improvement, though there will be another PACU visit scheduled for Wednesday. After that I don't know what will be happening. Thank you, for all your support and prayers - We ride a roller coaster out here, and we need the continued support.


  1. Dessert first= but of course!!
    So glad that you and Jason were able to get him back to bed together. Jason is so strong and there are particular ways to do things that will make it efficient and smooth. Glad that the other recovering soldiers share their knowledge- as I know Jason shares his with newly wounded warriors.
    Hugs, Carol

  2. Always lifting up prayers!
    Psalms 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  3. You should always eat dessert first; that way you never have to worry whether you'll have "room" for it or not...especially if it's an ice cream sundae. LOL! Thank you for keeping us updated on Jason's progress. We pray for y'all every day.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014