September 25, 2011 - Sunday Brunch

Jason and I went out to Sunday Brunch, at the Double Tree hotel today. He came back from his PACU visit, where it went pretty much normal, with just a washout and no new issues identified (the way we like it). About an hour after getting back to his room I saw the nursing staff moving pretty quickly to insure we were able to get out. It was great! Initially I thought it was only important to Jason and I to get out, but as the time approached the nurses were doing things without me asking, and making sure we were going to get to the hotel. I've attached a new picture of Jason eating at the table, with a few other folks from Walter Reed/Bethesda (a.k.a. WRNMMCB) and then one waiting for the bus to take us back to the hospital. This was the first time that he had gone for a ride, with the new seat on his chair, and it worked soooo much better than the old one. I think we'll keep it.

Actually, the brunch adventure was a nice prelude to us going out tomorrow, for the fishing trip. I believe we'll be gone for a longer period of time, though the ride was actually what I was most concerned about. He will be in his chair for several hours, and I need to know he will be comfortable. The weather has been getting a little warmer, so that will be good for tomorrow. The temperature is supposed to be up over 75 with cloud cover and no rain.

While we were at Brunch, a couple of visitors came by, so we didn't get to see them, though they did leave a note. It was the Lucases, and Jason was sorry he didn't see them. They always bright up the room and besides they're part of the EOD family, and that always makes Jason happy. Once we got settled back in his room it was getting close to 15:00 (3pm) so Jason just wanted to rest a bit. A couple hours later he sent me off to get Popeyes for dinner and then he took a nap. Because I need to get up early tomorrow I decided to head back to the lodge and told him I'd see him in the morning, and good night.

Thank you, for your continued prayers and support. Jason is improving in ways that we all marvel at, and I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Comments

  1. Thank you George for doing such a wonderful job keeping us updated on Jason's progress. It's always good to hear of each new adventure, and to know he's getting out and about. God bless both of you as you continue on the journey to healing. Thank you for sharing our hero, your son, with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific picture of you and your dad, Jason, waiting for transportation! Have a great time tomorrow fishing. I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing pictures.

    You have alot of prayer support coming your way.

    Karen & Rob Weaver
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you got out for brunch to the Double Tree, Jason. Way to go. Fishing, sounds like a great thing for you and your dad to do tomorrow. Well, it is nearly today your time. I hope all goes well and you get a mess of fish. Have a great day. Peace, Bill Buchanan

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I pray for those who've been wounded I always pray so for the whole family, too. Everyone's lives are pretty much put on hold for months at a time...
    Praying!
    2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)