March 23, 2012

Apologies for being so late with this post, but unfortunately Jason needed to go to the ER again, due to another bladder infection. The good news is that he felt it coming on much sooner this time, and because of the last time he recognized the feel and told me he needed to go. We've just spent the last 7 hours at the ER and pharmacy, with the pharmacy functioning at their normal level of proficiency. I had to go talk to them twice in order to get the medications the doctors requested. Anyway, as it stands right now, the infection looks to me much less concerning than it was last time, and Jason was given the right meds (I hope) to at least keep it in check until Monday, when we need to get back to the hospital.

The interesting thing is that he already had an appointment set up for Monday, with the laser doctor, so I am hoping that this doesn't mess things up for that treatment. I was concerned with the amount of time Jason was staying up in his chair, but it didn't look like there was any other options readily available. I am going to be talking to the care coordinators on Monday, to find out if this is something that can be corrected next time. Jason should not be up in his chair more than 4 to 5 hours, otherwise it starts to cause damage. Seven hours is too much.

If it hadn't been for the sudden need for a trip to the ER I would have said that today was a pretty good day. We mostly stayed at home, with the one trip to the grocery store, and fortunately that was a quick trip. Jason wanted to go though, and be sure he had the right food at the house, since the girls are coming back on Sunday. Anyway, we got through today, and right now, other than being late, I'd still have to say it was a pretty good day, since it turned out okay. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and all the support. I hope everyone has a great weekend.


  1. I'm sad about the bladder infection, I sure wasn't expecting to hear that tonight!! It's perplexing to me as I can't figure out if it's the same infection that doesn't really go away or what. Bless his heart.

    I've had several in my life and I know how painful they can be. I'm glad he was quick to get some meds right away.

    I'll be busy praying this weekend, I hope God takes the cotton out of her/his (?) ears!!

    All my prayers,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Hi Guys - good catch on getting to the ER, sorry to still read they have him there so long. Hope all is well today.

    Katie a Marine Mom


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014