December 15, 2013

Not a great deal to report on today, other than we had a great lunch with Bob and Debbie Hamer, and a small group of Wounded Warriors, over at Boll Weevil. Generally I have a hamburger when we have gone in the past, but today I tried their chicken. It was pretty good, so I just might try it again when we go next time. It was good seeing Bob and Deb, and they had a Christmas gift for each of the kids there. Stacy and Jackie were pretty excited when they saw theirs.

After the lunch we headed back over to the Marine Corps Recruit Depot (MCRD) where Jason wanted to get a hair cut. Jason wanted me to just drop him off so I could get on back to the house to get the girls down for their nap. By the time I got the girls down and quieted, and a chance to sit down Jason comes through the door. I was quite surprised to see him get to the house so quickly; I guess the line was either very short or no waiting at all. Anyway, he wanted to take a shower because of the hair cut, so that was what we worked on. It was his second shower of the day, and he was much more comfortable afterward.

The rest of the day was spent doing things with the girls and then preparing dinner. Actually both girls surprised me with their appetites, then again it was salmon and they both do like it. Tomorrow Jason has an early formation, then training, so I'll be dropping him off first then the girls. I might try to get a bike ride in, as I haven't gone in several days now. I'll have to see how things go. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 27:7-9 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)