December 25, 2013 - Merry Christmas

Today has been a very good day for all of us and it started out just as we would want it to. Since there were no kids here, this morning, we all slept in... at least for a little while. I was up at about 08:00 and went out for a bike ride. Both Linda and Jason were still sleeping and it was a wonderful day out. I got on the bike and went in the direction I normally do, and found that there weren't too many vehicles on the road. This made it a very nice ride, and I considered it my Christmas present to me. The cool part was that I was feeling pretty good and made the 12 mile loop in almost exactly an hour - and that includes stops for red lights (there was just enough traffic to trigger a few of the lights).

I got home from the ride and started to work on getting the two of them up and moving. Just as I was becoming a pest to Linda, my brother called from West Virginia. It really wasn't a surprise, I was just happy that his timing was excellent. If he had called sooner he might have connected with me while I was out on my ride and then I wouldn't have been able to talk with him very long. Actually, I did get a call while riding, and I got to talk with my son Sean. I spoke with him for a couple of minutes and then suggested that he call the house - I found out that he did. Anyway, after getting off the phone with Bruce I moved to take a shower and eventually we were all up. After that we headed over to The Broken Yoke and then off to Alpine to look at some properties. We wanted to do this on our own, just to get a feel for the area and to see what was there.

We did find a couple of interesting places, but I don't think they really fit into the scheme that Jason is working towards. We'll have to sit down with the Realty folks and talk to them about it. Just a few minutes after we returned home I received another phone call, and it was from our son David. He and his family were also enjoying the Christmas Day fun, with their kids, and Miriam's mom at the mom's house. We need to figure out a good time when we can all go up and visit with them again, perhaps in a few days or next week some time.

The rest of the evening was spent just relaxing and enjoying being around each other. The interesting thing was that the food we at The Broken Yoke was still with me, and I really didn't feel hungry at all. We still put together a simple dinner, and now we're coming to the close of the day. Not sure what is going to be happening tomorrow, but I would guess it will be enjoyable. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Hope you can find the right property!
    Am Continuing to lift up prayers!
    2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018