December 9, 2013

Jason and I got the girls up this morning and had time to play with them, for a little while, and then got them breakfast. They are two typical little girls, full of energy and they love to play, which includes running around when you're trying to dress them. I have been known to break out in a sweat just trying to keep up with them. Today, Jason was there to help, and I have learned that what I attempt to do is to get them to agree to clothes, the night before, so that a bunch of time is saved in the morning, and I don't have to get them to "pick something out."

They had their Cheerios (that has got to be one of their favorite cereals) and in a few minutes we were getting loaded into the van. Jason needed to be at formation this morning, at 07:30, so he and I talked and I would drop him off first, and then take the girls to their respective schools. It all worked well, and I decided to just get back to the house. The truck from Father Joe's was supposed to be arriving sometime between 09:00 and noon. I originally planned to go for a bike ride but thought it would be better for me to wait around until they arrived. Finally, at about 10:45 I called and was told they wouldn't be there until 15:00 (3pm) at the soonest. About five minutes after that, Jason contacted me and said he was done, and that there was going to be a luncheon over at building 26. Funny thing is, when I arrived at bldg 26, he was just getting there, so we walked in together.

The San Diego Police were hosting the lunch, so Jason was able to meet some of them, and enjoyed the company of the other Marines as well. We hung around for a little over an hour, then needed to head on back to the house. He had been up for several hours and was ready to lay back down, as well as take a shower and change his dressings.

You can always tell how these type events take a lot out of him, because by about 13:30 (1:30pm) he was asleep, and I didn't wake him until dinner... he ate at about 18:30 (6:30pm). Anyway, the rest of the day was relaxed - The truck from Father Joe's did come by and picked up all the stuff. Linda called and let me know that the weather challenges in New York did not cause her to have to stay there. Actually, as I write this she is probably getting very close to landing back in Oakland. She had a nice visit and I will get to hear all about it tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, Jason only has the one appointment, and we should be back at the house relatively early. There are a couple of errands he wants to do, and then that will be pretty much it for the day. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
    Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014