December 2, 2013

Well, it was a busy Monday morning, with getting the girls up and Jason over to formation, though we managed to get everybody to where they needed to be, in the time they needed to be there. After doing all that, Linda and I actually took some time (FINALLY) for the two of us to have some time together, just the two of us. We went to breakfast and took over an hour to eat and enjoy each other's company. Then we needed to get back to work, as Jason's day was coming to a close at the base, and needed to get back home.

We (Linda and I) went and did a little shopping and then headed over to pick up Jackie, since we were closer to her location, anyway. After that we headed over to pick up Stacy and she was feeling particularly energetic and wanted to walk back to the house. Linda agreed to go with her, and of course Jackie had to go as well. I drove back to the house and waited for them. We live, literally on the other side of the fence from where Stacy goes to pre-school.

One thing that was different for today was the replacement of our refrigerator. Over the past month and a half we have had to call for service three times on the unit that came with the house. It is covered by the lease that Jason has, so with the advent of the third call it was decided that we needed a new refrigerator. The third call happened on Sunday, this past Sunday, and they told me that a new fridge would be coming soon, and we should expect it possibly on Tuesday. I said Wednesday would actually be better for us, so instead it showed up today, while Linda and I were shopping of course. Anyway, the only problem they had was that it was 3/4" too wide. The old fridge had to be taken out; not sure why, but that was the rule. We now have a refrigerator sitting in the dinning area and an open space in the kitchen. It should be corrected in a matter of a couple of weeks. On top of that Linda packed up a PackRat mobile storage unit and sent down a bunch of stuff to be down here, with some of it being from the boys (our sons) and some of it being mine. I need to have it unloaded in a matter of about a week.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing, except for the need to pack for Linda. She is going back home tonight, and won't be back down for a couple of weeks. The flight she took, from Southwest was scheduled to take off at about 20:50(8:50pm), but then they called and told us that the flight was delayed and would be leaving at 21:50(9:50pm). At about 15 minutes later I received another call and now the flight was delayed until 23:55(11:55pm). Needless to say, this made it tough in coordinating a pick up for Linda, when she arrived. Fortunately we have some very good friends at the church and it was worked out. As it turned out we received a couple more phone calls with the time changing again, back to 21:50 (9:50pm) and finally 21:30 (9:30pm). I took her over to to the airport, and she headed back home.

Tomorrow Jason has a couple of appointments, an otherwise relatively lite day. I need to get a few things done with the VA (for me), and get some updates going with the different groups I deal with. I hope it is a sign that this holiday season is going to be a real nice one, but I approach with cautious optimism. Thank you for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014