December 5, 2013

Had a great start to a nice day, and finished with ice cream... ;-)

Jason and I went to his session at the C5 PT clinic, and while there I got to use their stationary bike. I really didn't do much, other than sit on it, mostly because I wasn't familiar with it, but I think if I get the opportunity again I at least know how to use it this time.

After the session we headed over to building 26, to meet with a few folks, who basically make up some of the support "team" for guiding Jason on what he wants to do with his military career. Jason is thinking that the best coarse of action is to remain with the Marines for a little while longer, maybe as much as a year, and then "retire." His biggest concern is sitting around with little or nothing to do, so we are all engaged in looking for a solid transition, into a job that he will be happy doing. The nice thing is that financially, with the retirement, he should be set for the rest of his life. He won't get rich, and he won't have any debt concerns, as long as he continues to live his life style. What he wants (needs?) to do is find something that he wants to do, and enjoys doing. We've even talked about setting up a work shop so that he can get more into wood working and create things for people. There are also possible job he could go to, and that is something else to be explored.

We came back to the house and I checked the mail, and found that the key to the PackRat storage container on the driveway, still had not come. Linda sent it out Priority Mail (USPS) and was told it would be here in two days.  It was mailed early Tuesday morning. I tried to go on line to see what was going on but their tools are either not working correctly, or simply don't fill the need; and, their customer help line closes at 17:30 (5:30pm). I didn't get all the information from Linda until after that time. I will call in the morning and see if I can get in touch with someone. I am getting to the point where I don't want to use the post office for anything, and especially if it is important.

Tomorrow is an early day with Jason having 07:30 formation. The rest of the day should be busy, but I'm not sure just how yet. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018