December 16, 2013

Today has been a very good and fun day. We got the girls up early this morning because of the need to get Jason to his formation. Still, there was time for breakfast and a little horsing around, and that continued on into the evening, after I picked them up - but I get ahead of myself.

After dropping everyone off, and getting back to the house, this morning, I took care of a few things and then got my bike out. I needed to top off the tires, as they were a little softer than I like and then I got all my things together. I was making my final arrangements to get out for a ride when I receive a text message from Jason - he's done. As a result I put off going on the ride and headed back over to the base to pick him up. While there I also pick up a few things (med supplies) and then we head on back to the house. Jason wants to take a shower and have breakfast. I get all this done and then I can go for my ride. The ride isn't long, but still long enough for me to get a good work out (11.5 miles) and then I get back home. I cool down for a few minutes and then take my shower. At this point I head over to the mail box and pick up our mail, including a couple of packages. One of them is a small box from a friend Stephen E., to Jason, and the other is a package from Nana and Tata, with gifts for the girls. We had been informed that the smaller packages inside the bigger package were already wrapped, so we could open it without concern. The girls were very excited to see the envelops and packages, and helped place them under the tree.

Dinner was a simple chicken, rice and vegetables, and the girls did an amazing job of eating everything. Jason also had all he wanted so we were all happy. Tonight, after dinner and staying up a little while, it was time for the girls to get to bed. I did something a little different, instead of telling them a regular story or reading them a story from a book I had them participate in the story and Stacy had a great time. I had fun with it too, and think I might just do that again. The story was about Rudolf and Santa at the North Pole.

Tomorrow we will be heading out to check out some land for Jason's house. Don't know much about where we will be going, or how long we will be gone. I did set a parameter that we needed to be back no later than 15:00 (3pm), since that is about when I go to pick up the girls. I hope the properties have what Jason is looking for, as this would allow things to get moving towards the building of his home. Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Hope the hunt for property went well!
    Praying right now!
    Psalms 27:13-14: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014