December 7, 2013 - Peal Harbor Day

Today started out a little different, in that it was raining a little, more of a drizzle than a rain, but then the rain did show up a bit later in the day. Because of the wet weather there was no need for a trip to the training park, and so I made pancakes and fried eggs for breakfast, and we just kind of kicked back for a little while. The only thing I was considering doing was getting over to the Post Office to check on the status of the Priority Package, and it was still a little early for that.

When I did get over to the Annex (that's where we're supposed to go, rather than the main post office, which is actually closer. My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that we're in military housing) and went to ask about the package, there was this helicopter flying around, closer to the beach area (we're only about a mile from the ocean) with a loud speaker wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. My thought was that they should have picked a different day, or waited for the weather to clear. Anyway, I went into the annex and spoke with the clerk, who didn't know what to do, so he went to his supervisor to ask. He came back a few minutes later and said that the package wasn't in, and that the super would be calling me later. I left them my contact information and that was the last I heard from them.

I ended up just calling a lock smith, who came and opened the unit, so that I could start to unload. I got about 1/3 of it done when it really started to rain. I decided to just go get another lock and would work on it tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be much better and I should be able to get it done, or close to it. It was good to see some of the stuff that was in the container, and now I have a good idea of what I need to do to make everything fit. On top of that I know that some of the items already in the garage will be picked up, and I'll have plenty of room to make it all fit.

The rest of the day was spent at the house, and doing a few things. Then Jason called me in and let me know the girls were coming tonight, to be with us. I was a bit surprised, as I wasn't expecting them until Sunday, but that's okay, as I k now Jason really likes to have them around, and besides they'll be big help when I need to work on the container... ;-). Actually they showed up just a few minutes before they were to be in bed, and that turned into almost an hour. Jason read them a story and then said good night, and I got them to bed. We'll see how tomorrow plays out. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014