December 3, 2013

Today started much like many of the other mornings, when we have the girls. We were able to get them to their respective pre-schools / Day Care centers with time to spare. We then headed over to the base, and then I happened to head on in to see CMD Ledyard, Jason's Medical Recovery Case Manager - she handed me a document that she just recently received and it was something Jason and I have been waiting on, for a few weeks. It is the document that basically says that Jason is capable of driving a vehicle and that with appropriate adaptations he should be allow to go get the vehicle he wants. This is a big thing for him (and me), and now we just need to get things moving with the other aspects of getting it done.

The rest of the day was spent with me going over to the VA and taking care of a couple of things. Actually I was pleased with how well it went, and how quickly I was done. The girls were picked up after I finished and we spent the rest of the day at the house, and just enjoying being inside - it was drizzling and generally kind of yucky outside. If I had thought a little more I would have gone to pick up some things and we could have made a batch of cookies.

Tomorrow Jason will be going to a USO event, where he and another Marine will be doing something with them to celebrate some of the achievements from the USO (at least I think that is what it is about). He will be dressed in his Dress Blues and I think on stage, responding to some questions. Obviously I will be able to tell you more about it tomorrow, after it is over... ;-) Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Jason will feel so much better if he can start driving again!
    The Lord is always with you! Praying right now!
    Psalms 62:5-8 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)