March 22, 2014

Today started pretty much as I expected it to start... Jackie came up stairs and jumped into bed and immediately wanted to know when Grandma was going to be back. I did my best to explain where Grandma was, and that if she wanted to stay in bed she needed to be quiet because Grandpa was still trying to sleep. It was only 06:10 and I wasn't ready to get up yet. Jackie was quiet for about five minutes and started singing to herself and playing with my hand. I finally rolled over and told her that if she wanted to play she could go back down to her room and I would be down later. She was happy with this and went on back to her own room. Of course I only got about another 20 minutes of rest, but it was worth the effort.

We had some visitors today, with Jason's First Sergeant coming by. She stayed for a couple hours and played with the girls for about an hour of that. Actually, Jason was asleep when she first arrived so she and I talked for a little, then the girls came out (they had just gotten up from their nap) and they wanted to show her all the great things and books they had. They finally all went out to the patio area and began to draw with chalk on the concrete. Stacy was having a great time, and I think the First Sergeant was too. Jason finally did wake up and they got to visit and talk about whatever they needed to talk about, and I think Jason enjoyed the visit.

The other visitor was Jason's tax preparer, Paul, and he really didn't stay too long. I think Jason had actually done most of the tax prep prior to Paul's arrival. It was still a new face and someone else for Jason to talk too, and I think that is the most important thing.

The girls are having a great time with us and so are Jason and I. I let them stay up a little later than they normally do, so they didn't get to bed until almost 21:00 (9pm), though they didn't seem to be bothered by staying up longer. I read them a long story and they had a fun time getting into  bed. Stacy is looking for a fun day tomorrow, so I expect tomorrow to be as much fun as today was. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018