March 3, 2014

Today started out well, though a little different. It was already after 07:30 and I hadn't fixed breakfast yet. I knew I had to get something going because Jason was scheduled to go into the hospital for his appointment. Well, we were all up and all had eaten breakfast when the ambulance arrived. We didn't expect them until 09:15 at the earliest, and they arrived at about 09:10, so we were all pleasantly surprised, though caught a little off balance. Linda was getting supplies together, as well as the two blankets we had brought home this past Saturday. I hadn't put my shoes on yet (I enjoy going around in my bare feet) so I had to get that done quickly, while also finishing getting everything packed up for Jason. I rode with him to the hospital and that was the end of the "fast" part of the day.

Once in the hospital we walked over to Plastics and Wound Care (they share an office area) and they took Jason to a room. I was just sitting there with him, waiting on the doctors and the Wound Care folks to come in. On the good side, they were all aware of how Jason's injuries are and that it was going to be difficult to get the vacs off of him. The down side was that there really wasn't a great deal they could do because he was out patient status, and in-patients have better access to stronger pain meds. Anyway, they did provide what they could and got started. The ambulance team was waiting in the waiting area, and were told he would be back out  in about an hour... that didn't happen. At about the one hour mark they had just finished removing the vacs. They all the docs were coming in and examining Jason. This took another block of time. The good out come of this was that they all agreed the wound vacs were no longer needed and that he had made some significant progress. There are still a few areas that need to be cared for and we will be going back in on Wednesday for the next visit, and I do believe it is going to be another positive visit. Once we get past the Wednesday appointment I will be doing all the wound dressing changes again, and that means fewer visits to the hospital.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, and we welcomed the girls back to the house. Linda put together a very nice dinner, even if it did have asparagus (Linda and I really enjoy asparagus, no one else seems too). I am not sure how the rest of the week is going to go, but I am hopeful that it will continue to be positive. Thank you for all the positive support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. That's great news! Hope he continues to progress so well!
    Our Savior is always with us no matter what happens! Praying!
    Romans 8:35, 37-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014