March 5, 2014

Jason had an appointment with Wound Care today, so we had a relatively busy household this morning. First we had to get the girls to their respective schools, and that went very well, and without incident. Getting Jason to his appointment wasn't quite so smooth.

First thing I did, after getting breakfast done, was to call the transportation folks, and found out that they didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Well, perhaps I should clarify that, and say that the person I was speaking with didn't know that an ambulance was supposed to be scheduled to come and pick up Jason, to get him to his appointment. I thanked him for his time and immediately called the hospital and got hold of Ellen, the social worker, who assured me that the trips were set and that I should be able to just call and ask for them to happen. She called the ambulance company and then called me back, to let me know that all was as it should be, and that the person I was speaking to was simply unaware and hadn't been told about the situation. Anyway, the ambulance was able to get to the house with plenty of time and we made it to the hospital. That appointment took a bit longer than we had originally planned, but then again we hadn't planned on needing another wound vac again.

When the surgery was first completed the doctor spoke to me about this one area, that is about 10 cm in length. As it has turned out, he was correct and that it is providing us with the greatest challenge, while the rest of the wound continues to heal nicely. This one section has split open again, and there needs to be a wound vac on it, to help it get back to the healing state. The challenge along with this was how to place the wound vac, on, in such a way that a closed seal existed. Well, the first attempt was made and it looked like it was going to hold, so we came back to the house. Within just a few minutes of the ambulance transport leaving the seal failed and the vacuum was lost. No vacuum and the device is effectively no good. I had to call the ambulance back and within an hour we were headed back to the hospital. The second attempt to place it with a good seal seems to have worked much better this time. It has been several hours now and there is still a very good seal.

Tonight has been relaxed, and even Linda was able to attend an Ash Wednesday service at the Presbyterian Church. Jason and I are here just relaxing and and doing whatever we feel like doing. Jason is working on a couple of new games, and I'm learning about Disney and how they are taking over the cruise ship business. Okay, maybe not taking it over, just becoming another big player in that realm. Tomorrow Linda and I are planning on getting out, with just the two of us, at least for a few hours. There will be someone here with Jason, and we don't plan on being out too late, we just need some "alone" time. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Hope you and Linda have a great time together!
    The greatest comfort we can receive is knowing that the Lord is our refuge! Praying!
    Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014