I

What a wonderful day...

The day started with the same craziness that we usually have, when the girls are with us, and today it just seemed to be in overdrive. Both Stacy and Jackie were in great spirits and having a great time while Linda and I were getting them dressed. I am soooo glad to have Linda here now, especially since the girl's hair is getting longer and needing just a little more attention (and skill) than I can provide. Anyway, they were both ready to head out, on time and looking very cute.

Jason had his PT appointment and then needed to get some Rx from the pharmacy. We also had a chance to do a little visiting with some folks we don't see as often as we used to, and it was very nice. One in particular, Torn, was in good spirits and witty as ever. He and Jason were exchanging comments on everything from growing crops in Iowa to the Polar Bears at the San Diego Zoo. It was nice to watch the two of them, as it seemed to help both of them, and I know it made me feel better.

Once Jason and I were back at the house he wanted to get a shower in. This means a dressing change and I was happy to help out. He is improving regularly and I told him that in a matter of a couple of months I wouldn't be surprised to see that all wounds and soars were gone. His comment was priceless... "Yeah, I've heard that before." was all he said.

The van we recently were given was having some difficulty, as the suspension seemed to no longer be working - at all. As a result I was taking it back to the people who had made it available to us. I wanted to have them check it out and see if they could fix it. Jason was not able to ride in the van comfortably, and for only short rides at that. Well, Jason was now resting in his bed and so I headed up North to see what could be done. As it turned out, as soon as I got there the mechanic came over and in a matter of less than 3 minutes, figured out what was wrong. A fuse had blown, and the air compressor that feeds the suspension, was not working. Once that was replaced (the fuse) the van drove and felt MUCH better. Once again we seem to have transportation, and Jason can ride in a higher level of comfort.

We later went up to see the cats (Pumpkin and Candy). They are being foster homed about 20 miles away and we are happy to say, being well taken care of. We took the girls with us, but Jason still didn't want to go any where else, and wanted to rest for the remainder of this week is going to be busy, as well as the beginning of next week. After the visit was over (the cats are doing well, and I even got to trim Candy's nails) we headed back to the house, with a stop to have a quick meal with the girls. We finally got home at just a little before 20:00 (8pm) and then shortly they were in bed. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018