May 4, 2014

Okay, I know some of you are wondering what happened to yesterday's post... well it was not done simply because I was just too tired to get to it. The day started out with a nice bike ride up a very steep hill. It was about 6 miles up (I don't mean elevation, I mean start to turn around point), and some parts of it were pretty steep. When I was returning I was hitting speeds in excess of 35 MPH, and that is pretty fast for me, on skinny tires. The ride itself was just under 15 miles and even today my legs are still a little stiff. I am thinking about doing that same ride again this week, as I think it is one of the best conditioning routes I've come across, around here.

Anyway, after the ride Linda took off to take care of a couple of her errands and I stayed at the house to take care of the girls, and I was also supposed to get some rest. The rest didn't happen much. The girls are getting to that point in their lives where they don't want to take naps anymore and are full of energy and want to play. What we ended up doing was to go out on the patio and I let them ride their scooter and trike around for a short bit, then they got into sidewalk chalk again (they really love that stuff). Finally we went back in to the house where I read a couple of stories to them and they wanted to play dress up, and this kind of went until Linda got back home.

Shortly after Linda returned I had to get ready to go to the USO Gala event, where Jason and I had both been invited, though Jason just wasn't up to going. He is still dealing with some healing issues and didn't want to stress any more areas right now. Richard Rovsek had asked us to go, and invited us to join them at Jim and Vangie Regan's table. This is the same gala that Jason and I had attended last year, and we were impressed with it then, and had a great time. I actually was seated next to Vandie and found out that she was the chair of the event, last year, so I felt kind of fortunate  to be there.  They are great people and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet them, along with all the other people I met. I ended up staying for most of the night, and didn't get home until almost 23:00 (11pm), and I was just plain tired. And, that's why I didn't post last night.

Now today was a bit different... The girls got us up early enough to make sure we could get them breakfast and then over to their Sunday School Classes. Linda has been taking them very regularly to the Presbyterian Church, just a short ways from us, and we have begun to build a pretty good relationship with them. I don't get to go as often as I'd like, due to the need to stay with Jason, so I am glad that Linda has been able to get the girls there on a more regular basis. As it turned out, we have had the girls for three Sundays in a row, so that has been particularly helpful for getting a schedule set.

After church we again had some play time and then lunch, and finally the girls were to go down for a nap. I had told them they had to take a nap if I was going to be taking them to Seaport Village, so they could ride on the carousel (It's a carousel that was built back in 1895 and has a great history, with it being moved to its current location back around 2004). While the girls were napping I wanted to get over to Costco to pick up a few things, and unfortunately, I forgot about Cinco de Mayo. For whatever reason people decided that it was important to get out and do something, because there were many, many cars out, and it took a little longer than usual to just get to Costco. Once there it wasn't too bad, though it was a little crowded. I still managed to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time, and then called Linda to let her know I was on my way home. She let me know the girls were already up and anxiously waiting for Grandpa to get home.

I did get home and we made it over to Seaport Village. The mistake I made was not bringing the camera with me, as they both looked great, while also establishing their contrasts. Stacy was dressed up as a princess and Jackie was wearing a jumper. Normally Jackie wants to just copy big sister, but she has been showing signs of wanting to do things on her own and differently from Stacy. Personally I think this is good. After a few rides, ice cream and walking around we finally came back home and Linda had dinner ready for us to eat just a little after 18:00 (6pm). We finished dinner and the girls showed signs of being tired  and we got them ready for bed, then they proceeded to get into their "play" mode. We were up for almost two more hours, and finally got them to bed. Tomorrow is an early day for us, so we need them to get some solid sleep, and we need it too. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018