May 6, 2014

We all got off to an early start this morning, and a big part of that was me doing the "pushing." I was feeling a little tense and really needed to get out for a bike ride. The girls got up and ready for breakfast and to go to their schools, and we managed to get them all there relatively early. I took Stacy and Linda took Jackie to their respective schools, and I was able to get out on the bike by 08:30. It was already getting a little breezy out so I decided to go for a shorter ride, down by the harbor. The one thing I was happy to see was that I didn't have to deal with too many pedestrians, at least not at this time of day.

When I got back from the 12 mile ride I was sweating pretty good. I had pushed it a bit because I knew Jason had an appointment at 11:00, and it was his first back with PT (Physical Therapy) in several months, so I didn't want him to be late, especially I didn't want him late because of me. Dawn wasn't in today so he worked with Mike, and the main focus was on his shoulders and back. Most of it was trying to get Jason's muscles to loosen up because tomorrow Jason has another follow up PT appointment, and this time it will be with Dawn. Dawn tends to work him a little harder, and will be probably pushing him to work with some resistance training and maybe some weights.

After the PT session, Dr. Sheu and Van, from Mobility Solutions came in and the four of us talked about how Jason's seat could be improved. I was impressed with what Dr. Sheu brought to the meeting, as it was exactly what was needed. He logged on to one of the terminals in the PT Gym, and brought up the latest X-Rays as well as some recent MRI scans of Jason's pelvis. It really did a world of good in attempting to show where the support was needed. He also used a model of a skeleton (one that hangs in the PT Gym) to show how it would be "sitting" on the seat. The meeting lasted for almost an hour, and over the next couple of weeks we will be seeing the out put of the meeting. I am really happy with the focus that Dr. Sheu has with Jason's progress, and it feels good that there is a focus.

Afterward, Jason had one other errand that he wanted to take care of, with his attorney, and though it was supposed to be a quick in-and-out visit, it also turned into an hour long visit. I was just happy that while in the PT Gym, Jason was basically out of his chair and in more of a laying down type position. When we finally did get back to the house we had been gone for over four hours, and Jason was tired.

The rest of the day was relaxed and even dinner was simple, just left overs. I actually kind of like left over nights, because we are able to eat a few different things. The girls had a great time with it as well and ate just about all the food they put on their plates. Tomorrow will be another PT kind of day, so Jason will again be tired when he gets back, but he also has Wound Care, and I am anxious to see how the progress is going with his healing. My feeling is that it should be moving along well, but there is nothing like actually seeing it to let us know for sure. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
    Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)