May 23, 2014

Today has been a busy day for us, and it began with a 22 mile bike ride for me. Actually it began with a quick breakfast for Jason, and I had an apple and a glass of water. I don't like to eat much prior to a long bike ride. Last night I was informed, by Jason, that there wasn't going to be a formation and then later told it was going to take place at noon. This kind of changed my plans for the ride, but it all worked out. By the time I returned from the ride I had time to cool down a bit and then take a shower.

Linda had gone to participate in an activity at Jackie's school, and she was also back at the house prior to going to formation. After taking Jason completed formation we headed on back to the house, as it was around 13:00 (1pm) and Joselyn was scheduled to be here at 14:00 (2pm). Joselyn showed up and I asked her when her husband would be arriving (he is a mechanic and was going to take a look at a problem with the van) and she said he would be here at about 16:00 (4pm). Linda had gone up to take a short nap so I decided to join her, I figured a quick nap would do me some good as well. Well, I fell asleep and I guess it took a little doing to wake me up, I guess I was tired from the bike ride, or something.

Working with Robert (Joselyn's husband) was very good, and I also got to meet a couple of their sons. There are a couple of things that I would like to have working on the van, but I guess won't be, at least not for a couple weeks. Robert is acquiring a new radio for the van, and that is one of the big items I wanted to get working again. He is doing all this work, just because he wants to help us, it is truly appreciated.

Tonight we decided to go see a movie. Actually, we had planned on going earlier but the formation rescheduling kind of through our schedule off. Anyway, Jason (and I) wanted to see the new Godzilla movie. Linda went along with us, but didn't think it was going to be her kind of movie. As it turned out, the movie is actually pretty good and we all enjoyed it, the popcorn wasn't too bad either.

Tomorrow will be another fun day, with nothing really planned, other than Linda going out for a "girls day out" and I might get another bike ride in. I think Jason is going to try to spend most of the day in bed, as he has some extra activities coming on Sunday and Monday. Sunday we'll be headed over to the Padres ball game, where they will be honoring the military and then on Monday we will be going to another event on the Midway Carrier, specifically focused on Memorial Day. I'll be updating you on those over the next few days. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018