May 1, 2014

May 1, always seems more like the beginning of summer for me, as the weather is beginning to get warmer and people are out starting to crank up their grills or whatever they cook on. Today was a warm day here in San Diego - I think it got very close to 100 with humidity around 20%, or less. I went out for an early morning ride, because I knew I wouldn't be riding in the heat. Actually I had a small chore to take care of and a quick bike ride was a perfect solution for me. I rode pretty hard for most of it, so I was to my destination and back, in less than half an hour (I needed to go pay a bill and didn't want to just do it on line).

Jason had an appointment this morning, so we needed to be out on the road before 10:00, as we were headed up to Poway. (I think I might try a bike ride out there, once the heat breaks.) Jason had made an appointment with the GoldenBoy Mobility company, who specialized in refitting vehicles so that the wounded can still operate the vehicle. In Jason's case, they already know that he wants a truck and there was one they were already working on (for another customer) and it was an excellent opportunity to let him try it out for comfort and fit.

I have to admit, I was impressed with the engineering that went into the lift system they are employing. Effectively the entire driver side of the truck comes open and a "lift panel" comes down that Jason rolls his chair on to. This then locks in place and lifts him back up, placing him behind the wheel of the truck. It was a good test and several things were discovered, as a result of the "test ride" (no, he didn't actually get to drive the truck), and some adjustments will need to be done, when they do Jason's truck, and then he'll be ready to get behind the wheel and drive!

After that adventure we came back to the house, and the temp gauge on the van indicated it was 97 degrees already, and it wasn't even quite noon yet. We went in and took care of lunch and then we just sort of relaxed and I got a chance to respond to some of the email I get. Typically I get around 90 - 100 emails a day, not counting those that go to SPAM. I do my best to at least look at each of them, though I don't respond to each of them, at least not directly. Anyway, I did this for about an hour or so and then decided I needed a nap, a short one. Linda was up for that too, so we were laying down for a little while. It was a nice break.

When we got up, about half an hour later, we headed back over to the hospital, so I could pick up Jason's meds, and then I went to get a hair cut. The hair cut took longer than the pharmacy, but then the barber, a nice lady, really likes Jason, so she wanted to catch up on what he was doing. After that Linda and I did a little more visiting, as we really haven't done much of that in the past several weeks, and it was nice getting a chance to talk with some of the people. Afterward we came back home, as it was getting close to dinner.

The rest of the evening was quite relaxed and we had a nice simple dinner of Chicken Alfredo. Tomorrow Jason will be going to formation, for the first time in about 3 months, so it should be interesting. He doesn't plan to stay too long, as I think today took a lot out of him, so he is pretty tired, we'll have to see how it goes. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Lots going on there today!
    Still praying hard!
    Romans 5:6-9 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014