August 5, 2014

This morning I fully intended to get up early and go out for a bike ride, but then about 10 minutes after I was up, my lower back started to "talk" to me. It was telling me that maybe a bike ride wasn't such a good idea right now, and that perhaps a better choice was to just try to take it easy the rest of the day. I decided that I should listen to my back and didn't go for the ride. However, taking it easy wasn't necessarily in the cards. We have the girls right now and they require a bit of attention, along with the appointments we normally have.

Actually there were only two appointments today, and one of them was a time that wasn't going to let us miss out on all the traffic that happens when most people are getting off work. Sitting in traffic for over an hour is just no fun when your back is bothering you. I know most of you already know that, but it feels good being able to say it. When we finally got pretty close to home Jason remembered that we still needed to go to the grocery store, to pick up a few things. We finally got back home at 17:20, and the girls were ready for us to be home. Of course their moods were vastly improved with the snacks that Daddy decided to buy. Every now and again he will just decide to buy something that he knows they really like, and as long as they don't get it all the time, I'm okay with it. Then again, he is the dad...

I made stroganoff for dinner, for two reasons. First it is a relatively quick and easy meal to put together, and second, everybody likes it. Baths came after dinner, and that is always a good play time for both of them and then shortly after that is bed time. I think Jason like bed time best because he gets to just relax and read stories to Stacy and Jackie, and the girls enjoy it a bunch. Tomorrow is another day of excitement, with my first appointment at 08:00 with the VA. This time I hope it doesn't take as long. I don't have to go to the La Jolla VA Hospital, so it should be a little easier to get seen - just wish me luck. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. True peace comes only from the Lord.
    Praying that your bac is better and that all goes well tomorrow!
    Romans 5:1-4 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Romans 5:6-9 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018