August 12, 2014

Another day, that began, much like many of the others, with a trip to Balboa, to get some things done, only this time we brought both the girls with us. Linda actually stayed back at the house, because we had some of the maintenance guys coming over, and didn't know when they'd be there. Anyway, the big chore today was to get new ID's made for Stacy and Jackie, and a new ID for Jason, who is soon to be retired. Most of the guys do this on their last, or almost last day, but Jason wanted to get it done, and he had some time to do it.

We walked into the waiting area and Jason signed in. We sat down and waited for our turn, which looked like it was going to be a while (about 10 people there ahead of us). While waiting Jason shifted into Daddy mode and began playing games with the girls. Funny thing is, the one game they seemed to like the best was the one where the person who sat still the longest was the winner. This went on for nearly 30 minutes, and I was totally impressed. With that behind us Jason's name was called and we went up to the desk of the man who was to help out. He looked at the paperwork; he asked a few questions of Jason; and, then asked to see his DD-214 page (This is a discharge document that everybody who is in the military receives when they exit - I have one, my dad had one, and so on). Only thing is, the information on Jason's copy was wrong in one very important area. It indicated that he was being medically released, and the correct thing should say he is being medically retired. There is a BIG difference in those two things, so now it has to be corrected.

What that means is that Jason has to now go back around to some of the same folks he went to, a few months ago, and get things changed so that it reflects the real situation. This could be a lot of work for Jason, though it also might be taken care of in a relatively short manner. The good aspect with Jason going to get his ID, is that he still has a couple of weeks to get things corrected, and he is still active duty. It he had not gotten to this until after getting out, it would have been all kinds of challenges, and might have taken more than a year to correct. Anyway, we are headed up to Pendleton tomorrow to begin working on the correction.

The rest of the day was pretty easy, after that. I did make a run out to Costco, and spent a couple hundred of Jason's dollars. Actually, Jason and I went together, and it was probably one of the few times that we have been to Costco, together, without anyone else coming with us. Dinner was left overs again, and I was happy about that. I don't like building up a bunch of good food in the refrigerator, just to let it go bad. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Glad he decided to get it done now so he has the time to work this out!
    Psalms 18:30-32 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014