August 27, 2014

Today was what you would call a RED Letter day for Jason, as there was a bunch to get done and generally a very busy day for all of us. The girls were up early, and actually Stacy came up and made sure we were awake by 06:30. The past couple of days we've had to go down and get her up, closer to 07:00, so today was particularly nice. Both Jackie and Stacy were up and ready to head out to school, by 07:40, and Linda and Jason were ready to get them there. Linda was doing what I would normally be doing because I had my own appointment with the VA, at 08:00. Right after dropping the girls off Jason was off to his first appointment, and this is where it really gets good.

Jason's first appointment was with the DMV, and Linda had to get him over to the Scripts Vehicle Training Center, so that he could take the driving assessment in their vehicle (The DMV wants those who are testing to take the test in their vehicle - and Jason was totally fine with that). Jason took the test and passed with a score of 100%, and then again, what else would you expect from him. The driving test took about 30 minutes or so, and Gracie was so very happy to see him when he got back. Linda was holding on to Gracie during the test and she basically whined the entire time Jason was gone (Gracie did, not Linda).

There were a couple of other appointments for Jason, thought in comparison, not as important. With the passing of this event, Jason can now officially get his truck and drive himself around town. I suspect that it will still be a little while before he does much driving, but I expect him to build up to longer drive times, quickly enough. We all got back to the house at about the same time, this afternoon and we had a nice little lunch together. I had a couple of appointments also, and both of them worked out fine. The only down side is the amount of time I have to extend with the VA, sometimes. The head of the section where I went to did apologize to me and gave me a different number to call, if I need to come back in. This is supposed to help with getting me in sooner, so I'll see how it works.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, and Linda and I even had our date-night time together. We went to go see the new James Brown movie "Get on Up", and found it to be very enjoyable. There were some things left out about his life, and you did walk away with some questions, but then if it had all the information it would have taken twice as long to watch it. I would recommend that anyone who is interested in that era of music, and especially James Brown fans, go and watch it. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)