August 18, 2014

Today was very calm and even the weather was pretty nice. Jason only had an appointment with the folks over at Sharps, where they do the driver qualification. His appointment was at 08:30, so we needed to get out of the house early, or at least we thought we did. We got up at 06:30 and were ready to go at about 07:40, and Sharps is about 15 minutes away, on a traffic friendly day. As it turned out, it was a very friendly kind of traffic day, and we got there before 08:00. We actually arrived before his "tester" person showed up, and when she did, she immediately came over to say, "Hello." She was the same tester that Jason worked with last time, so at least there is that level of familiarity.

This time I didn't ride along with them. Gracie and I stayed back at the van and just chilled for about an hour. I am still fighting a cold and the idea of just relaxing was kind of appealing. When they did complete the drive and "test" there was no parking left, and I found that kind of humorous. I guess they're going through an expansion right now, and some of the parking has been taken away, due to the construction. When they're finished there should be adequate parking available. Anyway, the test drive was good and Jason did just as well as he did last time. The form will be sent to the DMV for processing and when that has happened they are to contact Jason again, and then he should be very close to being able to get his own vehicle. Another four to six weeks will have it all done.

The rest of the day was quiet. Linda and Stacy were having a good time around the house. They also went to the library for a visit (a couple of hours), and Stacy was very happy about that. She loves the library and we are totally okay with that. Linda and I went to go pick up Jackie, a little later in the afternoon, and Jackie was happy to see us both come in to her room. She is starting to develop a little faster now and she is at a good place for moving to her new preschool. That actually begins next Monday, along with Stacy's beginning with kindergarten.  Exciting days are ahead for sure.

No appointments for us tomorrow so I am going to attempt to get a bike ride in, as long as I'm feeling up to it. Then, I'll see about getting a few other things out of the way. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad the test went well today.
    Praying!
    Psalms 4:1, 7-8 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. (7-8) Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)