August 14, 2014

Yesterday I wrote about having to get up to Pendleton, to take care of some paperwork. The paperwork was actually quite important, and had a significant bearing on how Jason's retirement was going to be, once he was totally retired from the Marines (something that will happen on the 30th of this month). The drive to Camp Pendleton actually took more time than it did to get the issue corrected. Both Jason and I were totally surprised at how seamless and easy it was to get it done... not to mention how happy we were. The effort was so simple and quick that we decided to get over to the Exchange, on base, and Jason did a little shopping for Jackie's birthday, coming up on the 24th. We looked at a number of different things, also, while we were there, and about the only down part of the entire trip was the drive home. Traffic was pretty bad, and I think it was due to traffic breaks. I only say that because I have seen it happen, more than once, while driving on the I5, between Los Angeles and San Diego.

The rest of the day was relatively quiet. Actually, the very first thing I did this morning was to go for a bike ride, though it was only for an hour. Once I had cooled down and I had my shower out of the way, we took off for Camp Pendleton. When we arrived back at the house Linda and Stacy had already taken off. Linda wanted to share some "girl" time with Stacy, and I think Stacy liked the idea. Linda took her to one of the pizza places, close by, and then to do a few other things. They got back to the house by about 15:00 (3pm) and right after that Stacy wanted to just lay down and rest. I think Linda did too, so I let them both relax for a little while, while I did a few other things.

Not much else happened today, though Jason did take some time out to look at an on-line course for how to load your own ammunition. He hopes to get more into target shooting, and loading/making your own ammo is probably one of the best ways to save money doing it. We were talking about possibly doing some shooting this weekend, so I'll just have to wait and see how things play out for him. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. You can definitely find pretty much everything online!
    True peace can only come from the Lord! Praying right now!
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018