September 2, 2014

Today started out a little on the slow side and then quickly ramped up. The girls got to school on time; I was able to get in a nice bike ride (over the last three days I've done about 60 miles); Jason got his new computer unpacked (not set up yet); and Linda took care of a whole bunch of little things (I think she worked more than anyone else today). One of the big things Jason and I got done today was to go back through a bunch of his personal belongings, and found some of the items he was wearing, when he stepped on the I.E.D. He reacted pretty much like he has with everything else, and basically said things like, "Wow, so here it is." or "Gee, some of this stuff is pretty dirty." Over all, though, it was a good exercise. He found some things he is going to donate back to the guys in Building 26, so that if any of them need the items he isn't going to be using, they are available and free. While we were going through all of this, Linda was with the girls at the Library, looking for new books. Both Stacy and Jackie love to get books and when we read to them that makes it even that much better.

The rest of the day and evening, was relatively relaxed and the girls got to bed after Grandpa carried them around the house and got them all wound up (yeah, Grandma let Grandpa know I shouldn't get them all excited just before bed). They kind of expect it with me, so it is hard to not play with them. Bottom line is that we were all kind of tired at the end of the day. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Praying in Seattle.
    Psalms 139:4-6 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the Lord's Hands. Praying!
    Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018