September 29, 2014

We got up this morning and I decided that I'd like to go for another bike ride, since we didn't have the girls this morning, and Jason's appointment wasn't until this afternoon. I jumped on the bike and Linda jumped on to her elliptical trainer, and we were both exercising (I told you, we are serious about loosing some weight). I got in a nice 18+mile ride and then, after getting back to the house, cooled down and took a shower.

Linda was going to be focusing on some personal matters and taking care of the girls and I was to help get Jason to his VA appointment. His appointment today was with Dental Care. I have absolutely no experience with VA Dental, so I don't know what it is like. We arrived on time, and they called him in, only after waiting about 5 minutes. So far I am impressed. When finished, about 15 minutes later, Jason told me that he has to come back for a follow up cleaning and that today they only examined his teeth. I hope this is the level of care and performance we can expect all the time.

Tomorrow I get to go in for a colonoscopy, so the only meal I had today was breakfast, and that was a small yogurt and an apple (that's typically what I eat when I go for a ride). Because of the timing of the procedure I won't be eating again until tomorrow afternoon sometime, possibly early evening. Funny thing is, I am not that uncomfortable from lack of food. Perhaps the laxative they use allows the hunger aspect to be controlled or suppressed. Anyway, tomorrow is going to be another fun day for us.

The rest of the evening was preparing dinner, and yes that was a bit difficult, as I was hungry at that time, and then relaxing and finishing up with Stacy's homework. She is very good about keeping up with all her homework. Kindergarten doesn't have much homework, but still it is good to stay on top of it. Linda and I finished the evening by watching something on the television, and then we went to bed (me, right after the blog was finished). Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018